How-To: Make a USB Flash Drive Bracelet
There is little that frustrates me more than looking feverishly for a misplaced USB flash drive and NEVER finding it. I am constantly coming up with ways to attach them to me or something else I know I will not misplace.
I have found a solution that really works, a yarn-bound bracelet that hides a small USB drive made of duct tape! Better yet, it is customizable – especially because I can choose the colors of my favorite college team.
Step 1 Materials
• Embroidery thread
• Duct tape
• Super glue
• USDM USB Supreme
Step 2 – The Bracelet
- Cut the duct tape about 4 inches longer than what will fit around your fist (that way it can come on and off).
- Fold the tape length-wise in half, but remember to leave the ends open, as shown in the first image.
- Fold one end of the duct tape in on itself about 1 inch deep then tape it back closed. This side is going to be where you insert your cap.
- Put just a little super glue on the inside of this taped end.
- Insert the cap (taken off the USB drive). Allow to dry fully.
- Fold the second open end of the duct tape in on itself, about 2 inches deep. This end is going to be where your USB device goes.
- Again, put just a little super glue on the inside of this taped end.
- Insert the USB drive. Allow to dry fully.
Step 3 – Customize
- Use tape to keep the first strand of yarn in place at the cap end.
- Begin wrapping the yarn around the duct tape.
- Add another color by taping the new yarn just above where you finished the last color and continue wrapping.
- Secure the end of the last color with super glue at the end.
Inspired by Instructables